At Kenna for Kids with Disabilities, we believe in a touch of care and a world of compassion and inclusivity. That’s why we strive relentlessly to provide quality support, resources, and healthcare to Ethiopian disabled children to help them experience healthy and fulfilling lives. However, to achieve our goals, we need your support. Join us to empower children with disabilities and build a brighter future for all.
Let’s Stand Together
With Open Hearts
Join hands to uplift and support the resilient children of Ethiopia. Your support can make a difference and transform their lives for the better.
Who We Are
Kenna for Kids with Disabilities is a registered 503(c) non-profit organization based in St. Paul, Minnesota, founded in 2019 by Halima Lolo. She brings extensive experience in community-focused organizations to our cause.
We are officially registered in Ethiopia as a Civil Society Organization (CSO) with registration certificate number 6282. As of January 2023, we proudly hold the status of an international NGO (Non-Governmental Organization).
Our journey began with a commitment to making a meaningful impact in the lives of Ethiopian children with disabilities aged between 3 and 21. We established our first international branch office in Shashamane, Ethiopia, signaling our dedication to creating positive change within the local communities.
Read Their Stories
Read the stories of the parents
and children we work with
Highlight Of Services
- Create Awareness: Run education and training programs to create awareness by sharing experiences and resources around a broad range of topics related to disability.
- Train Institutions: Train educational professionals and institutions to maximize the accessibility of schools to children with disabilities.
- Raise Funds:Raise financial support to fund basic human needs like food, school, healthcare, and transportation.
- Connect Vital Services:Help connect vital services like occupational therapy, assistive devices, mobility equipment and special education to Ethiopian families in need.
- Support Families:Provide different training programs for children and young adults with all disabilities, their parents and families, and the professionals working with the families.
- Understand Options:Offer education and resources for parents of youth with disabilities to understand their independent living and housing options for the future.
- Build Futures:Assist youth and young adults with disabilities to pursue meaningful careers, live as independently as possible, and enjoy inclusion at work and in the community.
We are a non-governmental organization dedicated to empowering Ethiopian children with disabilities, eradicating the stigma associated with disability, and facilitating the realization of their full potential within their communities.
How You Can Help
Being disabled doesn’t mean that these young souls aren’t capable of wonders. When we give them the resources that they deserve, they can achieve so much more. They have the potential to rise among the ranks of society, but they need our help. Will you help us?